In an intriguing podcast episode, Mark from IDUN Technologies sat down with the renowned Ivan Tashev of Microsoft Research to discuss Ivan’s work at Microsoft, BCI and EEG. It was a privilege to hear from Ivan who has decades of experience in cutting-edge developments in the world of audio technologies.
Highlights from the Podcast:
- Ivan’s Drive: At the heart of Ivan’s illustrious career lies his passion for signal processing, especially when combined with artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Kinect’s Groundbreaking Success: Against all odds, Ivan’s team developed the audio and speech impairment pipeline for Kinect, leading it to be recognized as the fastest-selling electronics device in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The Power of Audio: While visuals often steal the show, both Mark and Ivan delved into the profound impact of audio in shaping experiences, be it in movies or immersive simulations.
- A Shift to Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI): Since 2018, Ivan’s focus has shifted to the fascinating world of BCIs. But what prompted this transition? And how does it relate to his background in audio?
- BCI in the Real World: Ivan offers a fresh perspective on BCIs, moving beyond sci-fi fantasies. He envisions user-friendly BCI products that seamlessly blend into our daily lives.
Curious about the future of audio technologies and BCIs? Dive into the podcast to uncover the insights and predictions of a leading expert in the field. Don’t miss out!